Our Analytical approach to online market and consumer data helps VC develop and implement profit driven strategies.
- 11 Proven reasons why content optimisation should form the foundation of your digital marketing.
- 6 reasons against.
Good Work Delivers
Get your SEO right, and the rest will follow
If you concentrate on your customers and ensure that your website is an everyday business focus that is constantly updated and improved, you will succeed at digital marketing.
Optmisiing your website is no longer coding or fooling Google into ranking your website. It is not a black art or strange science understood by the few. It is a euphemism for building a best-of-brand website that functions on many levels whilst generating sales and leads from all traffic.
You can expect an Company like Vanilla Circus to deliver on the following:
Why are we telling you this?
We are writing this article to help educate businesspeople on how Google’s organic search traffic need to be the foundation of your digital marketing strategy.
Remember, anyone can give their credit card to Google and runs some ads. But this is often the lazy man’s way to poverty and doesn’t offer longevity.
Below are all the forms of digital marketing:
- Social media marketing/Content marketing
- Email marketing/Facebook Advertising
- Affiliate marketing/Online advertising/Search Engine Optimisation
- Influencer marketing/Display advertising/Pay-per-click/Search advertising.
- Infographics/Viral marketing/Direct marketing/Search advertising
Regardless of which marketing channel or single promotional activity, all will result in the prospect visiting your website.
This is how it works.
The Buying Process Begins With Trust
- Few customers are going to buy from your company without visiting your website or Googling the name of your company.
- No matter the channel or marketing vehicle to attract new business, the website is part of the buying process; no one wants to be ripped off!
First credibility test
Your Google or internet presence is the first step in gaining credibility. Customers who do not trust you will not buy from you. If a Google search shows problems like bad reviews or other businesses, there is a problem.
Second test: first digital impressions
The second test is the website. Is it easy to navigate, does it function as it should, has it been updated etc? Is this a legitimate company? Are they going to steal my credit card?
If your business website does not get on with Google, another company will
- Key Search criteria include how you are presented on Google and how your website portrays your brand. There is little point in successfully optimising your website for search traffic only for each user to bounce (leave the site immediately).
- Equally, why advertise anywhere if your website cannot convert a user into a customer?
Pros of Search Engine Marketing
11 Proven Pros of SEO
Ranking #1 in Google provides free, non-paid traffic. It is the tap that cannot be turned off. Implemented correctly, SEO can drive 10 times more qualified traffic than adverts alone.
Your website never closes, weekends and weekdays, across the world.
Traffic is available 24/7, 365 days of the year and is available worldwide
All traffic is interested in your products and services; otherwise, they couldn’t have found your website in Google.
Adverts only attract users when they are at the purchasing end of the buying process. SEO has the advantage of ranking for keywords like buy xyz and xyz near me whilst also attracting traffic when users shop around (compare xyz, reviews on xzy).
Opmtising code and content is simple and cheap to scale; it is easy to control an SEO budget and buy extra time or content pages when needed. Targeting more and more keywords and going after business in other locations or countries is possible.
Level Playing field
Being prominent in search results can make you seem like a larger company. One of the main advantages of Google’s organic search is that it can level the playing field between large and small companies. You cannot buy a #1 in Google.
Google optimisation also has the advantage of brand association. Your brand is connected to Google. Being found on the first page helps build credibility.
Although not as transparent as PPC, search results can be tracked down to which page generates phone calls and where the user came from.
Maximise your marketing budget
Successfully ranking your website number one in Google for your core keywords is the most effective way of promoting your business and brand, and it offers the very best ROI.
But Google only shows ads?
Whilst many people criticise Google for only showing ads, and it can feel like this on a small screen. However, on a desktop, this is not the case.
Google actually offers eight different ways of displaying information that correlates to a user’s search query. And they are all free.
- Featured snippets (top of organic search results).
- Local Business Results/Google Maps (Google My Business)
- Images (often for product searches thinking shopping).
- Videos (often shown for a question search, ie how to…).
- People Also Ask (listicle)
- Find results on (gives you some examples of other websites to search for this query
- 10 x Organic listings. The first 10 ranked websites answering the query.
- Related Searches
Brand story control or Storybrand SEO
Website, blogs, newsletters, and emails allow brands to control their narrative. Is your website telling the right story? Website help keep your messaging clear and concise.
Content writing combined with deep-dive keyword research leads to in-depth content plans (think hub and spoke or content silos) that force businesses to clarify their brand story further. SEO’s backlink outreach also focuses on what you want your customers to read about you, and review or reputation building keeps your business honest and informed with accurate customer feedback.
6 reasons not to adopt SEO
Cons of SEO
- Difficult to resource. We have tried paying a company to optimise our site, and it did not work. The UK Digital Marketing industry has a bad name. Often, we hear from clients that they have tried several companies, large and small, consultants and experts and have not gotten the results. “If you want to rank number one yet to find someone who knows all the tricks and all the black hat ways of fooling Google.” Finding the right company is a bugbear of many UK businesses. You may have to kiss a lot of frogs! There are bad actors on the Internet waiting to take your money and waste your time.
- SEO is not FREE. Once you find the right company, there is an ongoing monthly cost of anywhere from £2000-£6000 pm. Is it worth the money? It depends on who you work with and your budget. Regardless this is a significant investment.
- Working with Google's indexing and scoring website to show who rankings is a slow burn, often a process of ‘hurry up and wait’. This is only partly true. See Here.
- Results are not guaranteed.
- Google’s algorithm constantly changes; what worked this month might not work next.
- Google's free index is not designed for time-sensitive content
- Search Optimisation provides less control over performance as single marketer owns Google, and sites that rank #1 can rank #20 next week.
- Provides vaguer analytics with Google privacy rules not showing all keywords used to reach the website
- It is highly competitive, and it requires high-level skills, expertise and experience.
Convinced? You be the judge
Book a 15-minute call and you be the judge if we are right for your business.