In This Section
What's technical SEO
Why Technical SEO Is Essential
In our experience, Google is not very forgiving if you cannot keep your house in order, especially regarding accessibility, site speed and broken links.
Our technical SEO knowledge & Execution is superior
Although many digital marketing service providers want you to believe that creating a technically perfectly SEOed website is the answer to gaining a #1 position in Google, it is NOT TRUE.
Fastest site #1?
With other internet marketing companies, technical code has become a witch hunt. Get your ‘the technical’ correct; the internet will rain money down on you.
The truth is there is a balance.
It is important to remember that none of Ahrefs, Moz, SEMRush etc. owns a search engine!
No amount of WC3 Validation will help you rank #1 in Google.
It is a part of optimisation; code enhances content.
Define Technical SEO
- Crawlability, Canonical URLs, Hreflang Links, Doctype, favicon, rich snippets, 301s, 404s, the list is endless.
The truth is many of these elements are not Google’s rules; there are human coders’ ideas of what Google rewards in terms of what they believe is both doable and necessary.
More and More Content
Content not code
Content is King; however, this is not true. Content is only King when you include code and images and content.
- Equally, content can be divided into HTML, pdf, docs, and CSV.
Schema, JSON, telling Google what to expect
With the introduction of additional markup languages (JSON-LD is Google’s go-to schema markup), Google asks more from website owners to inform it exactly what the website is about.
So much of the changes and optimisation refer to the use of language, words synonyms, antonyms etc., on the website.
Google is clearly asking you, the website owner, to fill in any blanks its algorithms may have in clearly understanding your website.
Technical SEO Shopping List
Vanilla Circus is an expert at technical SEO. Below is an idea of tasks we complete to concentrate on content creation.
Website Loading Speed Time
- Improve Server Response Time
- Optimise & Reduce Image Size
- Limit the Number of Resources Requests
- Set a Browser Cache Policy in the .htaccess file
- Reduce the Number of 301 Redirects
- Host videos off site
- Optimise CMS database
- Redirect/Replace Broken Links & Resources
- Audit Internal Links to Improve Your Chances to
- Rank Higher
- Reduce Duplicate Content, including duplicated
- heading tags
- Use Structured Data to Highlight Your Content (JSON)
- Keep a Reasonable Number of Links On-Page (less than a hundred). Do this by removing large menus and adding links to sections.
Website Functionality & Usability
- Test Website Is Mobile Friendly
- Build Search Engine Friendly URLs
- Build logical site architecture
- Use the Secure Protocol – HTTPs
- Set Preferred Versions
- Remove redundant pages or 301s
- Make Sure Your Resources Are Crawlable, check for no index tags
- Test Your Robots.Txt File
- Verify Indexed Content
- Submit to Google any new pages
- Optimise Your Crawl Budget (use Plugin)
- Use Hreflang for Language and Regional URLs
- Make Sure Your GA Tracking Is Working Properly
- Add site to Google Search Console