Perhaps not quite.
Reputation in an SEO metric sense means what has been published online about your company or website.
Google’s quality guidelines (Pages 15-19) speak volumes on how to define reputation and how Google’s real people quality checkers are advised to use what information they can find about a website to add to their scoring metrics.
If you are a health or financial website (YMYL – your money or your life (think health)) the quality metrics are much stricter.
Additional reputation signals include reviews, both Google, Facebook and others like Trustpilot, and Reviews.co.uk.
Vanilla Circus has been minding and building client’s online reputations for 14 years
11 Quick Wins to improve your business’ online rep
A customer’s online experience begins with a search
- Address negative search results
- Answer all reviews
- Fine-tune content on all platforms
- Make Google My Business Listing a priority
- Consider Google posts of your local Business listing
- Questions & Answers within the same listing
- Establish a presence on ALL review sites
- Employ more video content – Youtube and onsite
- Social media channels – Is there engagement?
- Managed listings – Is their information correct everywhere?
- Propagate your content on other site where you are listed as the author
Food for thought
- Map the search landscape
- Estimate a client’s share of voice with a focus on Google
- But what about when someone searches your name.
- Control the first page of Google
86% of UK consumers read online reviews for local businesses when making a purchase over £75
Created: December 13, 2021 | Updated: January 5, 2022