Local SEO is our forte. There is an art to successfully ranking your website for every keyword + locality.
If you are a brick-and-mortar business and looking for local SEO for small business and your customers come to you, optimising your website for keyword + location should be your priority.
Good localised content, Google Local, site architecture and internal link building.
In This Section
Local SEO: The Definitive Guide (2023)
What is local SEO, and why is it important to lead generation?
Vanilla Circus is a local SEO company with results that beat any other Agency. We are based in London.
We have been ranking keyword + location pages on the first pages of Google for over 14 years.
Our local SEO Service is easily one of the most advanced in the UK and has been used by over 200 small business owners in the OK. See local SEO prices
- 7 Factors that affect local SEO
- 6 Factors that do not affect local SEO as much as you think
- Off-Page Factors
Get Local SEO working for you
Local SEO has a terrible name in the world of Google content. It is often seen as SEO-only pages, typically all the same, bar a change to the city name or postcode. Hidden pages for search engines. Pages optimised for London are the worse offender by far.
Arrive in local listings
Why Is My Local Optimisation Failing?
Google Local Options
7 Factors that affect local SEO
Google Local Facts
6 Factors that do not affect local SEO as much as you think
On & off page optimisation
Design & experience
UX & UI Optimisation
Google is looking at the design of your site, how long it takes to load and how users react to it.
Example Local SEO Results
1 In 3 Of Mobile Searches Relate To A UK Location
7 Factors that affect Local Business SEO
- Site architecture and URL structure
- Internal and external linking
- Use and variation of location words in the anchor text, like London dentist, dentist in London etc.
- Website content that defines the location. This does not mean it lists the local sites to see but understands that a location is a city or town with a county, a postcode and, of course, neighbouring towns and locations.
- Local SEO backlinks (local citations). These are defined as anchor text in the same paragraph where the location is mentioned. E.g. Vanilla Circus is a London SEO Company. See vanillacircus.co.uk etc. They are not just the name and address of your company repeated ad nauseam across endless directories.
- Reviews from customers in the same area or region as the business.
- The number of pages dedicated to a single location using the location town within the content but not in the menu header or footer.
8 Factors that do not affect seo for local business as much as you think
- Google Local/Google my business entries
- Developing Google local listing, images, blogs, offers
- A physical address in an area
- Quality/Authority of Structured Citations
- basically, web directory listings!
- Social media signals (links + location)
- Past Google Analytics recorded user location data
- Domain IP or backlinks sourced solely from locally based websites.
- Google Map Citations
If you don’t agree with the above list or would like to add to it, please reply here.
Off-Page Factors affecting Google Local SEO
Google looks for online signals that corroborate the claims you make within your content that you are indeed location in the area your business claims to be in. However it is not an exact science.
Off-page is about SEO factors like backlinks, reviews, content marketing, social media etc. All of these aspects are form a recognition signal that validates the claims made by a website. The list seems long; however, only parts affect your ranking position in Google.
Backlinks and signals are confirmation of content; they are reliable witnesses to your small business’s USP, product offerings and services. However, not all backlinks are counted the same.
For example, a link from www.bbc.co.uk would be much more effective than one from a small neighbourhood business.
What we can offer your business
What affects the price?
- The number of keywords
- The number of locations
- The competitiveness of the keyword
- No of Backlinks require confirming locations
Then we have to ensure that all the geo-targeted pages differ from each other.
Then we have to build backlinks from local websites to convince Google that we are where we say we are.
We hope we are giving you an idea of the complexity of local SEO. To beat the competition, you have to have better web pages and site structure and backlink profile than the competition.
Give us a call, and we will explain how our process for local search success works and give you some tips and advice on the best methods to grow your local search presence. Interested? Call 01483 921741.
Experience, expertise and software
We have all the necessary tools for your local SEO to succeed and to track the results as we progress.
We offer clients an effective checklist of what keywords and locations have been targeted and made live. It also includes backlinks that mention your target locations and the best tactics for optimising and maintaining your Google Business page (which used to be called Google Local.)
Is local SEO dead?
As nearly 1 in 3 of all Google mobile searches relates to a UK location, we hardly think so. Our data shows that the most popular pages on a number of client websites are the Geo-targeted pages that have been optimised for a keyword + location. Local SEO is still one of the best ways to connect with your target audience.
Local SEO companies near me
What to do when there are no keyword +locations searches and a web user types a “near me” keyphrase? Google has IP Geolocation recognition; they know and track your location by noting your IP address.
We can show you how to optimise for near-me searches and how to give users a page that is both relevant and persuasive.