SEO can be far more successful than adverts for selling cosmetic dentistry.
Vanilla Circus has worked with over 46 dentists in the last 16 years, and we can show you how search engine optimisation can be merged into dental marketing effectively over time.
In This Section
Selling Cosmetic Dentistry
OK, simply put, “It is the translation of your website into something that Google will rank highly in its index.”
A more exact translation for dental practices that engage an SEO company is “ensuring that their dental practice website is ranked #1 for all dental treatment keywords a potential patient might make and generating leads.”
Advantages of digital marketing
- 93.25% of UK patients choose a dentist that appears on the first page of Google.
- The reason why dentist SEO is so essential is that SEO has been proven to be far more effective in turning leads into new patients than PPC or Facebook Ads.
The reason is SEO is not an advert.
It relies on the user to read and view the webpage and make a judgement call that “this dental practice” is possibly the one to look after my smile and teeth.
It is about dwell time. The more pages a patient reads, the higher the level of conversion. You cannot dwell on an ad.
If your website is well-designed and appealing and contains a higher level of content that educates and promotes the practice, this leads to a better quality of patient.
- People want to connect with their dental practice and those working there.
- This is a personal health matter, not buying something from Amazon.
See our SEO results for dentists.
PPC is more about price, and SEO is about Brand.
If I do not recognise the advertiser, I have no choice but to compare by price. If web visitors don’t engage with a website and stick to a landing page, they are not buying into the Brand.
The user’s chances of not attending the appointment are much higher through ads.
How can dental SEO marketing increase web traffic?
There is 10 times more organic search traffic than PPC or Google Ad traffic. This is doubly true when it comes to local SEO.
If your dental practice has ever had any success with blog writing, you could see that some blogs attract traffic worldwide. Many dental blogs Vanilla Circus has written regularly attract over 5000+ unique users monthly.
Conversion is the key, not just traffic.
Impressive? (Not really.)
All dental businesses have a fixed address. So the practice cannot move, and patients aren’t going to come from abroad.
The local component of dental SEO
This is the crux of all dental SEO. This is why SEO is critical for dentists.
Your content is not designed to educate or inform web users that are not in your catchment area. More.
- If a user is based more than 30 miles from the practice, they will never buy from you.
High-traffic blog traffic from all over the world is a complete waste of time; it is vanity. It looks good. But it doesn’t put bums on seats.
One SEO priority for all new clients is connecting to the local audience. For example, see the results of a recent campaign to attract local traffic for a London dental client.
- We ensure that our clients rank for every variation of the dentist (cosmetic, general, emergency, local etc.) + location. (Think ‘near me!’)
- We then need our client to rank for every possible treatment from general dentistry (root canal treatments, fillings and crowns) plus location.
- We can also be trusted to optimise GMB (Google my business)
- We build new pages and sections for our client’s websites to rank for local SEO keywords and locations. We then ensure that these quality pages are regularly updated and expanded on. Positive Local SEO is not about adding a city or town name to a meta tag.
How long does dental digital marketing take?
SEO is all about hurry up and wait. We do not control Google.
- However, with existing business websites that have been around for more than a year, the effects of new content and local SEO optimisation are very fast.
- Within 90 days, we expect your website to rank within the top 3 positions for all keywords plus location and to be winning the battle for local patient traffic.
SEO for the long term
The long haul is when we optimise the websites and create content for dental treatments. However, it is essential to recognise that “quick results are impossible here”.
This is because the competition for “dentist + Wimbledon” and “the cost of Invisalign” differs greatly, and the level of skill required by the SEO team is much higher. More.
This can take anything from 6 months to 6 years.
Vanilla Circus has been writing dental content for over 8 years and is very familiar with the treatments and terminology. We see ourselves as dental marketing experts.
- We have an excellent reputation amongst dentists as a leading digital marketing agency that knows one end of their toothbrush from another.
This means you will have an unfair advantage over your competition which might have employed non-dental expert content writers!
How much does it cost?
The cost of external creative agencies is based on three things
- The skills, confidence, professionalism and experience of the team.
- The time needed to undertake short-term tasks to meet long-term targets (monthly SEO services).
- The time required to deliver successful results (in months/years).
- Vanilla Circus’s current hourly cost is £110.00 per hour.
- Most projects require a minimum of 20 hours of work pcm.
- The majority of projects start converting the larger ticket items after month 14.
The yearly SEO cost to a dental practice is approximately £26,400 (+vat) per annum. See packages.
What’s the return on investment of SEO for dentists?
It is important to remember that not all SEO results and successes can be measured in pounds and pence. Examples would be:
- Higher traffic amounts would continue even after SEO was switched off
- The practice would have a larger, more detailed website that is far better at converting customers
- The practice would have enjoyed greater exposure online and popularity. More people would have heard of your Brand.
- The value of the practice is worth more as it has more patients and a better website.
See How Should A Dental Practice Invest In Marketing?
However, the ROI of dental SEO is high.
For every £1 you spend on dental SEO services, you get £2.8 in return +/- the lifetime value of your patients.
We have been working with dentists for over 8 years. We are the best in the business and have the content writing and dental marketing experience to make SEO pay for itself.
After the first three months but within the first year, we would look to generate over £10,000 worth of new patient revenue a month.
Once our SEO marketing is embedded into the culture of your practice and we are working with the practice manager and the TCOs to provide feedback, we can start targeting a better class of patients and promoting more complex dental treatments and referral schemes.
Not only this, we can cement a process of seasonal dental offers, so we are also developing new ideas to create new business.